K-pop fans worldwide have been waiting for BTS’ first solo tours outside the group, and the wait is finally over. BTS’ rapper and producer, Suga, also known as Agust D, has announced his first solo tour in the US and Asia, and fans are already counting down the days.
Suga’s solo tour is set to launch this spring, starting with a pair of shows at the UBS Arena in Belmont Park, New York on April 26 and 27. The tour will then move to several other US cities, including New Jersey, Illinois, and California. Suga will close the US leg of the tour in Oakland on May 16 and 17, after which the tour will head to Asia, with dates in Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, South Korea, and Japan to be announced soon.
— BIGHIT MUSIC (@BIGHIT_MUSIC) February 14, 2023
This marks the first time a member of BTS will tour solo, and fans are ecstatic. BTS Army Membership holders will have the first chance to access tickets during a pre-sale on March 1, while remaining tickets will be available during a Ticketmaster Verified Fan presale on March 2 and a general sale on March 3. It’s worth noting that ticket sales may be canceled if the shows sell out during the Army presale.
Suga, like other BTS members, has previously released solo mixtapes, including a pair under his alter-ego Agust D. He has also worked as a producer for other artists like Psy and fellow BTS member Jung Kook. With this tour, Suga’s fans can expect to hear more of his creative output and witness his impressive stage presence on full display.
The tour dates are as follows:
- Wed Apr 26 – Belmont Park, NY – UBS Arena
- Thu Apr 27 – Belmont Park, NY – UBS Arena
- Sat Apr 29 – Newark, NJ – Prudential Center
- Wed May 03 – Rosemont, IL – Allstate Arena
- Fri May 05 – Rosemont, IL – Allstate Arena
- Sat May 06 – Rosemont, IL – Allstate Arena
- Wed May 10 – Los Angeles, CA – Kia Forum
- Thu May 11 – Los Angeles, CA – Kia Forum
- Sun May 14 – Los Angeles, CA – Kia Forum
- Tue May 16 – Oakland, CA – Oakland Arena
- Wed May 17 – Oakland, CA – Oakland Arena
- Fri May 26 – Jakarta, ID – Indonesia Convention Exhibition (ICE BSD) Hall 5-6
- Sat May 27 – Jakarta, ID – Indonesia Convention Exhibition (ICE BSD) Hall 5-6
- Sun May 28 – Jakarta, ID – Indonesia Convention Exhibition (ICE BSD) Hall 5-6
- Sat June 10 – Bangkok, TH – Impact Arena
- Sun June 11 – Bangkok, TH – Impact Arena
- Sat June 17 – Singapore, SG – Singapore Indoor Stadium
- Sun June 18 – Singapore, SG – Singapore Indoor Stadium
- Sat June 24 – Seoul, KR – Jamsil Indoor Stadium
- Sun June 25 – Seoul, KR – Jamsil Indoor Stadium
- Japan dates to be announced soon…
Filipino ARMYs are hoping that Suga will add a leg in Manila. Suga has previously expressed his love for the Philippines and its culture, and Manila was one of the stops on BTS Live Trilogy Episode III: The Wings Tour. Though no Manila date has been announced for Suga’s solo tour, fans are keeping their fingers crossed and hoping for an announcement in the near future.
Fans worldwide are eagerly anticipating this tour, and it’s sure to be a massive success for Suga and BTS.