Mobile phones have become essential in everyday life for most people today. In these past two years phones have also become an essential tool in the education of some kids. As such it isn’t surprising for families to set aside a regular budget for phone upgrades or replacing old units. Being a practical mom I always keep an eye out for affordable smartphones that can give the expensive models a run for their money. This time, I’ve got my eye on the Samsung Galaxy A33 5G. Here are the reasons why.
Tough yet Sophisticated Design. It has a slimmer look with a matte finish for a more sophisticated look. The bezels and the seamless camera housing and Ambient Edge also add to its gorgeous look. Another nice thing about it is the color options available. You can choose among 4 variants: blue, black, white, and peach. But more than its looks I appreciate the tough design that makes it durable and resistant to dust, drops, and splashes. The Samsung Galaxy A33 5G has an IP67 rating for water and dust resistance. It can stand up to 1.0 meters of fresh water for 30 minutes. It’s also less prone to scratches and tougher because of the additional protection from Gorilla Glass 5. (Perfect sa mga mothers na may little kids pa *wink )
Great Display. Since mobile phones are also used for entertainment like games, movies, and videos, the display quality should be part of your criteria in choosing a phone. In this aspect, the Samsung Galaxy A33 5G does not disappoint. The 6.4 in screen had a FHD+ resolution and 90Hz refresh rate. This refresh rate gives you better battery life compared to the ones with 120Hz. It also has an AMOLED panel that helps you get great contrast as well as brighter and more vibrant colors.
Complete set of Cameras. The Samsung Galaxy A33 5G features 4 rear cameras that level up the quality of your photos. It’s got a 48MP OIS Camera for crisp and clear shots, an 8MP Ultra Wide Camera for expanded viewing angle, a 2MP Depth Camera for a customized focus, and a 5 MP Macro Camera to zoom in to details and perfect your close-up images. These Cameras allow you to get decent photos even on gloomy days although night photos tend to be a bit noisy. Nevertheless, these cameras still fare better compared to other smartphones within the same price range.
Another plus is the OIS or Optical Image Stabilization feature which ensures that your shaky hands don’t affect the quality of your images or videos. A feature that isn’t common in budget handsets.
My personal favorite among the Camera features is the Single Take Mode. This feature allows you to capture up to 10 seconds worth of shots in a single click. With one shot you get various styles, angles, and formats that are created automatically.
Battery Life and Charging Time. The 5,000mAh battery allows you to enjoy full use of your phone the whole day. You days practically play all day or binge watch without worrying about your phone dying on you. If you need to charge it’ll be a zip with its 25W Super Fast Charging feature. It also has an adaptive power-saving tool that enhances the overall performance of your battery.
Hidden Features. These “shortcuts” helps you operate your device more efficiently. Examples of these include double tapping to turn your screen on/off, Double pressing the power button to turn the camera on, and swiping or using the volume and power side key for taking screenshots.
The best smartphone for you doesn’t necessarily have to be the most expensive or the latest model around. In most cases, the best ones are mid-range phones that get the job done with less fuss and at a lower cost. With its features and its affordability, the Samsung Galaxy A33 5G is just about perfect for just about everyone.
Hidden Features (Tips and Tricks)
1. Double Tap to turn on/off the screen
* Head into your Settings > Advanced Features
* Tap on Motions and gestures
* Toggle on or off Double tap to turn off/on screen
* If you have enabled this setting, double tap an empty space on your Home Screen or Lock Screen to turn on/off the screen
2. Double Press the Power Button to open the camera
* Launch your Settings > Advanced Features
* Select Side Key
* Toggle on or off if you would like to use the Double press function
* If you have enabled Double press choose a function you would like to action once you double press the side key
* If you have selected Open app tap onHome Settings icon to choose the app you would like to Quick Launch
* Locate and select the application you would like to Open
* Head back to your Side key settings then choose between Wake Bixby or Power off menu for the Press and hold function
3. Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy A33 5G
Press and Release the Volume Down button and the Side Key (Power) at the same time, And you’ll hear the camera shutter sound and see a short flashing animation on the phone’s screen.
or Take A Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy A33 5G by Swiping the Screen
* Place the side of the Palm of your hand on the edge of your phone’s screen.
* Swipe your hand Horizontally from this edge to the other one. However, Keep your palm’s side touching the screen. You’ll hear the camera shutter sound and see a short flashing animation on the phone’s screen.
* To activate: From Settings, search for and select Palm swipe to capture. Then, tap the switch next to “Palm swipe to capture.” Now you’ll be able to take a screenshot just by swiping the edge of your hand across your phone’s screen.