The Philippines is facing a serious problem with malnutrition. 33% of children under 5 are malnourished. That’s 1 out of 3 children.
An international campaign of the restaurant industry promoted by Action Against Hunger, Restaurants Against Hunger unites restaurants and foodies to channel their passion for food into life-saving impact against hunger and child malnutrition.
For almost 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, Action Against Hunger has led the global fight against hunger. They are committed to ending world hunger, work to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. They ensure that the marginalized and most at risk have access to clean water, food, training and healthcare. They enable communities to be free from hunger. In the Philippines, Action Against Hunger has helped more than 500,000 people directly in 2015 alone. Of the 500,000, more than 30,000 were helped with nutrition programs – particularly saving lives via the prevention, detection and treatment of malnutrition, in particular during and following disasters and conflicts. “Action Against Hunger continues to respond to these pressing issues and we want to reach more people to help and support us as we unlock children’s potential and possibly give them something to look forward to in the future,” says Javad Amoozegar, country director for Action Against Hunger Philippines.
Hoping to raise more funds for ending hunger in the Philippines, Action Against Hunger is following the footsteps of its global counterparts by launching the Restaurants Against Hunger this 2016. Tracing back its roots from World Food Day in France back in 1998, Restaurants Against Hunger was also launched in UK, US, Canada, and Spain. The campaign is also currently running in Italy, Germany, Peru, Colombia and Bolivia. Joining the roster of multi-awarded chefs from around the globe, including the world’s star chef John Roca, the Philippines own Chef Roland Laudico is a proud ambassador for the worthy cause.
“Restaurants Against Hunger makes me realize that our craft goes beyond mere cooking, it also transforms into a stronger cause that enables us to have a chance to make someone’s future healthy,” Chef Roland Laudico says.
The Philippines will have its 1st edition of the campaign running from November 15, 2016 to January 15, 2017.
Getting involved in the campaign is easy! If you love eating out, simply visit a supporting restaurant. Order the DISHES THAT FEED MORE and a portion of the profits will be donated to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of malnutrition in the Philippines. 90% of the donation goes directly to projects all throughout the Philippines. The remaining 10% is used for Admin and Fundraising to ensure that organization can continue to do this work.
LIST OF RESTAURANTS PARTICIPATING IN RESTAURANTS AGAINST HUNGER:
|8cuts||El Chupacabra||Kabila||Señor Pollo|
|Beni’s Falafel||El Corazon||Manam||Simplé lang|
|Chelsea Grand Café||Elias||Melt Grilled Cheesery||Stella and Rocketroom|
|Chelsea Kitchen||Feast||Mexicali||Terraz Bistro & Meetings|
|Chotto Matte||Felix||Museum Café||Terry’s Bistro|
|Corazon||Florabel||OK Café||The Café Mediterranean|
|Crisostomo||Green Pastures||Ooma||The Corner Tree Café|
|Crying Tiger||Grilla Filipino Cuisine||Potts Point Café||The Old Spaghetti House|
|Cyma||Guevarra’s||Providore||The Shrimp Shack|
|El Cabrito||Izakaya Sensu||Saboten||Wild Ginger|
Spread the word and share a picture of you and the solidarity dish via Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #restaurantsagainsthunger
Campaign starts November 15, 2016 and ends on January 15, 2017. Registration for restaurants is open until November 30, 2016. To register and get more information about the campaign, visit the website www.restaurantsagainsthungerphilippines.org. For updates, follow the campaign in Facebook @RestaurantsAgainstHungerPH; Instagram @RestaurantsAgainstHungerPH; Twitter @EndHungerPH. To help spread the word on the campaign, use the hashtag #RestaurantsAgainstHungerPH.
For more information about the organization, follow the official Facebook page @ActionAgainstHungerPH and visit the website www.accioncontraelhambre.org/es/filipinas.