Samsung is committed to ensuring that consumers have the highest quality devices in their hands. To ensure consumer safety, Samsung Philippines is advising users of Galaxy Note7 to power down their phones, both original and replacement units, and contact their place of purchase to exchange to a Galaxy S7 edge or request for a full refund.
While further investigation takes place, Samsung has released an official statement announcing the halt of sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7:
We are working with relevant regulatory bodies to investigate the recently reported cases involving the Galaxy Note7. Because consumers’ safety remains our top priority, Samsung will ask all carrier and retail partners globally to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7 while the investigation is taking place.
We remain committed to working diligently with appropriate regulatory authorities to take all necessary steps to resolve the situation. Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device and participate in the local programs each market has prepared.
In response to this announcement, Samsung Philippines is working closely with local telco partners and authorized dealers to urge consumers to take the next steps:
Contact your place of purchase to exchange your Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 edge or Galaxy S7. The store will reimburse any difference between the SRP. Or,
Request for a full refund.
For devices purchased through Globe and Smart, owners should contact their telco operators’ hotlines or visit the closest telco operator store.
Along with the halt of sales, Samsung has also announced that they are officially discontinuing the production of the Galaxy Note7.
For consumers who have further questions or concerns, please call Samsung Philippines Customer Care Hotline at +63 (2) 422-2111. For more information, you may also visit http://www.samsung.com/ph/galaxynote7exchange/.
Samsung Galaxy Note7 Exchange or Refund Mechanics
- For devices purchased through Globe and Smart, owners should contact their telco operators. Globe subscribers may call the hotline numbers: 7301000 for landline and 211 for mobile. Smart subscribers may visit the Smart Store where they got their device; if purchased online, they may also visit the Smart Store.
- For those who bought from Lazada, owners should contact them directly.
Galaxy Note7 Exchange Mechanics:
- All Galaxy Note7 devices bought from authorized stores and telco operators in the Philippines are covered by the exchange mechanics. This will run until November 17, 2016.
- To exchange, all Galaxy Note7 device owners should bring the device, the full box, proof of purchase, and one (1) valid ID to the store where it was purchased.
- The owner should surrender the device and the full box to the store and they will receive a brand new Galaxy S7 edge at no extra cost.
- The warranty period of the new device will be adjusted to reflect the date of the exchange.
- If Galaxy Note7 owners are unable to contact the store where they bought the device, they can contact the Samsung Philippines Customer Service Hotline at (+632)422-2111.
- For Galaxy Note7 owners who purchased their device in the Philippines and are now located in another country, please contact the Samsung Customer Service in that country. You can find out the contact numbers by visiting www.samsung.com and selecting the country where you are located in.
Galaxy Note7 Refund Mechanics:
- Galaxy Note7 device owners also have the option to a full refund until November 17, 2016. All Galaxy Note7 devices bought from authorized stores in the Philippines are covered by the refund option.
- To avail of the refund, all Galaxy Note7 device owners should first contact the store where the device was purchased so that the necessary arrangement can be prepared upon your visit. You may refer to the stores’ contact details here [SES].
- The owner should bring the device, the full box, proof of purchase, and one (1) valid ID to the store where it was purchased.
- The owner should surrender the device and the full box to the store and they will receive the refund amount of the Galaxy Note7’s SRP of Php39,990.
- For Galaxy Note7 owners who have purchased their device in the Philippines and are now located in another country, please contact the Samsung Customer Service center in that country. You can find out the contact numbers by visiting www.samsung.com and selecting the country where you are located in.
Samsung’s Customer Service hotlines are as follows:
02 422 2111
Toll Free Globe: 1 800 8 726 7864
Toll Free PLDT: 1 800 10 726 7864