Every individual needs to constantly get updated with whatever is new with their chosen field or interest; it doesn’t matter whether you are a teacher, a doctor, a lawyer or whatever profession you are in, as well as, having an offline or online job doesn’t matter either.
In line with this, attending workshops, conferences, conventions, summits and seminars or what we, bloggers, call as webinars are a must in order for us to keep abreast of the latest trends that we are in to. This is the main reason why when I first heard that there will be a Digital Influencers Marketing Summit Rizal, which will be hosted by http://digitalfilipino.com led by Ms. Janette Toral, I immediately told myself that I have to attend this event no matter what.
Actually, aside from the fact that I am interested to learn new techniques and ideas about digital marketing, I also got eager to attend because the venue was near our place not to mention that I have been to Thunderbird Resorts Rizal several times and spent overnights there and I definitely love the place!
Thunderbird Resorts Rizal is actually located at Binangonan, Rizal (place where I grew up). It is a luxury hotel and resort that has stylishly designed rooms, entertaining their guests with international casino and restaurants that’s perfect for any occasion. The place also makes one feel like you are in a difference place plus beautiful sceneries are overlooking and the cool breeze is really relaxing for someone who lives in the hustle and bustle of the usual City life. I just wish that the pool will have its own jandy led pool light to complete the experience.
The Digital Influencers Marketing Summit Rizal was held at Thunderbird Resorts Rizal’s Event Center last Feb 2, 2013. When the event has started at around 8:00AM, I was with some of my blogging friends like Mauie, Iris, Jen and Maica; all of us where very much excited and eager to learn new ideas. Anyway, the main aim of Digital Influencers Marketing Summit was to “empower entrepreneurs, marketers and advertisers with insights on working with influencers and brand advocates” such as Ben Francia, Maita Siquijor, Khoa Bui, Tof Salcedo, Joma Guiron, Trixie Esguerra, Fitz Villafuerte, Rosario Juan and Dr. Nick Fontanilla, who were the speakers for the said informative event.
I can say that each speaker has implanted unforgettable ideas to me being a blogger and entrepreneur at the same time, among others. You know, I’m into social media marketing also For W1N International (our family business), not to mention other brands/products that I likewise market. Among the speakers, there were several topics and speakers that made remarkable impressions, in my opinion. They were as:
Khoa Bui – his topic was on “Get a PR/SEO perspective on how influencers affect search engine results”. Here, he highlighted several important points such as:
- The biggest challenge is “Not knowing how to make money online”
- More traffic means more income and the solution is SEO
- 4 simple steps: ” keyword research, choose your battles, create content and rinse lather repeat“
- He also shared the BUSINESS FORMULA to help business grow which is:
Leads (Prospects) x conversion rate (percentage) x price = sales
Trixie Esguerra of Nuffnang –her topic was on “Building Relationship with Influencers and Brand Advocates”. She discussed important milestones in blogging such as:
- THEN and NOW (on the evolution of blogging)
- blogging before = CHILL = Casual, Handful, Inferior, Low Key, Less Commercialized
- blogging now is a CAREER which stands for Cewebrities. Assorted. Rake in money. Epoch-making. Engaging. Really crowded
- To brands: When things go wrong, go offline. Go that extra mile to talk to the people and bloggers.
Fitz Villafuerte – among the speakers, he was the one who made a very unique and attention-grabber presentation. Unlike other speakers, he started without saying a word for a minute or two, instead, he presented slides where he showed how he was before when he was not yet a blogger, where he still had no “voice” in the society. After a while, he just started talking and related it to being a blogger where he has now the voice to let his opinions be heard.
He mentioned about:
- The best way to influence other people, which is to help them.
- “To be a digital influencer, don’t try to influence people. The best way is to help other people.”
- “Be real, Reach out, and Create Value”
- “Your network is your net worth | Let people be aware of your brand (by using different medium, online or offline)
- “Go offline and meet people. And while you’re doing that, you have to build your personal brand.”
Dr. Nick Fontanilla – he talked about “Learn how social media influence results to E-commerce purchase” where he put an emphasis on the following:
- Purchase behavior is both a science and an art now. We can now in fact influence and change purchase behavior.
- Social media as one of the parameters that influence purchase behavior.
- Social media is a game changer.
- Social media is an enabler for social change.
- Social Media influences Awareness, Familiarity, Opinion/imagery, Consideration, Preference, Shopping and Purchase.
Pastor Ey – he was not really one of the speakers, but after the topics have all been discussed, Pastor Ey shared about his advocacy against autism jokes during the “open mic” session. According to him, the Autism condition should be treated seriously and not be the center of mockery. The word “autistic” should not be used to denote being unintelligent or indifferent because it adds insult to the injury already being sustained by the families of these special children.
Nine hours of the event may seem boring and tiring for others, but not for me. Honestly, I was even surprised to realized that it was already around 5 in the afternoon and the event was about to end. I was really engrossed with the topics being discussed that I haven’t got hold of the time. I am proud to say that my P500 (paid for the registration fee) was not wasted and it’s all worth it!
The event was not just informative but fun as well! Seeing familiar faces, having chitchat with them and meeting new friends are definitely priceless! Not to mention that I have won one of the best 10 photos in the event’s theme “Fun” and my prize: “Enjoy Card” courtesy of Thunderbird.
Fun… Learning… Friends… what more can I ask for? A truly memorable experience.