It is not very often that I get excited about a TV show. I have very limited ‘TV time’ that’s why I really choose which series to watch. The last TV series that I have watched from its pilot episode up to its finale was Encantadia, a fantaserye that premiered on GMA last 2005. The show has garnered both commercial and critical acclaim because of its outstanding production value, superb cast and well written story. Ever since Encantadia ended, I have been waiting for a show that will offer something different aside from the usual predictable plot that most shows have.
Well it seems that the waiting is over. A couple of days ago, I, together with my husband and some bloggers, participated in GMA-7 Network Studio Tour where we were also given some updates on their upcoming shows. And I have seen the teaser trailer of GMA’s new show, Amaya, for the first time. Seeing the trailer has got me so interested that I have watched it several times already and I have even searched online on every article there is about the show.
Amaya is an epicserye whose story will evolve on its main character, Bai Amaya, a warrior princess who will use the special powers bestowed upon her to defend her people. The story dates back to the 1500s and since the series also aims to share more about the early history of the Philippines, GMA Network is coordinating with the historical department of the University of the Philippines to make sure that every detail of the show is accurate.
Following the success of her recently concluded soap opera, Marian Rivera will portray the role of Bai Amaya. She has to learn the basics of arnis and wushu to prepare for her role. Playing opposite Marian are Sid Lucero and Mikael Daez. The all-star cast also includes Glaiza de Castro, Rochelle Pangilinan, Lani Mercado, Raymond Bagatsing, Perla Bautista, Robert “Buboy” Villar, Daniel Fernando, Mon Confiado and Sheena Halili.
Touted as GMA Network’s grandest production ever, Amaya is bound to be another must-see series that will capture the hearts of fans everywhere.
Other GMA-7 new programs and specials airing this May 2011
- Secret Garden (Replacing Baker King) featuring Hwang Jini, Ha Ji-Won and Hyun Bin on May 2, 2011 right after “I Heart You Pare” in GMA Telebabad
- Munting Heredera on GMA Telebabad starting May 9
- Blusang Itim on Dramarama sa hapon, starring Kylie Padilla, Frank Magalona and Wynwyn Marquez
- Andres De Saya (Saturday night show) starring Cesar Montano and Iza Calzado
- Sisid starring Jackie Rice, Dominic Roco and JC Tiuseco
- Playful Kiss (Koreanovela) starring Jung So Min and Kim Hyun Joong
- My Chubby World (Kiddie Show) hosted by Renz Valerio, Zyrael jestre, Daniela Jessica Amable and Gianne Cutler
- Ground Zero: Sa Gitna ng Nagbabagong Mundo (News and Public Affairs) – Vicky Morales and a team of GMA’s senior reporters travel from Luzon to Mindanao to find out which cities and provinces are exposed to natural hazards.
- Sabadabadog – an educational show for children hosted by Tonipet Gaba together with four friendly mascots.
Visit GMA’s official website to find out more about their new shows this May.
What Kapuso show do you look forward to? Leave your comments below….
Photos during the GMA-7 Network Studio Tour
I am also awaiting the epicserye of Marian Rivera. It looks interesting, I hope it will change the trend of teleserye here in the Philippines.
i am kinda excited with this, as with all the other gma shows, because of all the buzz they create. but honestly, whenever i watch their shows, i am disappointed because of bad acting and haphazard production. my latest disappointment is Captain Barbell. Gee…they could really do better.
What we’re seeing and hearing so far are the teasers and the PRs, the storyline is promising though, but I just wish this is not another one of those mediocre teleseryes that are only good at the start.
Encatadia, yes, has a commendable production value, but I never watched a single episode.
At the end of the day, acting and script are what defines a good teleserye.
sure hit na ang AMAYA. dami na pala bagong tv series ang GMA this may.
Uy! sayang d ko na to naabutan…san b ko pede manood nyan/? wala kme cable 😀
Natutuwa ako na nagustuhan mo ang Encantadia na ako din ang nag conceptualized at nagsulat bilang headwriter noong 2005. Now i am doing Amaya bilang punong tagapagsulat din at siya ring nagbuo ng concept. If you liked Encantadia, im sure magugustuhan mo din ang Amaya dahil mas kasaysayan ng Pilipinas ang basehan nito. Salamat sa iyong blog. 🙂