When are American Idol Season 9 Auditions? American Idol Season 9 auditions begin in Boston.
Auditions will be held as follows:
-Boston Gillette Stadium: 6/12/09 to 6/14/09
The auditions in Boston are over. About 7,000 people turned up at Boston’s Gillette Stadium to get a chance to be the next “American Idol”.
-Atlanta Georgia Dome: 6/16/09 to 6/18/09
Atlanta registration for Season 9 auditions will take place on Tuesday, June 16 and Wednesday, June 17, and auditions will take place on Thursday, June 18.
– Chicago United Center: 6/20.09 to 6/22/09
Registration dates are June 20-21 and Auditions are on Monday, June 22.
– Dallas Cowboys Stadium: 6/24/09 to 06/26/09
Registration dates are June 24-25 and Auditions are on Friday, June 26.
-Los Angeles Rose Bowl: 6/28/09 to 6/30/09
Registration dates are June 28-29 and Auditions are on Tuesday, June 30.
-Orlando Arena: 7/07/09 to 7/09/09
Registration dates are July 7-8 and Auditions are on Thursday, July 9.
-Denver Mile High: 7/12/09 to 7/14/09
Registration dates are July 12-13 and Auditions are on Tuesday, July 14.
American Idol Season 9 REGISTRATION AND AUDITION RULES:
**You must be able to prove at the time of your registration and audition that:
· You are a legal U.S. citizen or a permanent U.S. resident who is eligible to work full-time in the United States; and
· You are 16 to 28 years old on June 12, 2009 (which means you must be born on or between June 13, 1980 and June 12, 1993). If you were born before or after this window, you are not eligible to participate this season.
**You are ineligible to participate if you progressed in any previous season of American Idol® to any of the
· Season 1 – top 30 contestants
· Season 2 – top 32 contestants
· Season 3 – top 36 contestants
· Season 4 – top 44 contestants
· Season 5 – top 44 contestants
· Season 6 – top 40 contestants
· Season 7 – top 24 contestants
· Season 8 – top 36 contestants
**If you are asked to audition for one (1) or more of the semi-final rounds of the competition (currently scheduled for January 2010), you MUST be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of Producer at that time that you do not have any of the following agreements in effect (written or oral):
· a contract for talent representation (for example, a talent agent or manager);
· a music recording contract;
· an agreement relating to the use of your name, voice and/or likeness;
· an exclusive acting contract; or
· any other contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from fully participating in the show and/or entering into any contracts required by Producer, including an exclusive management contract,
recording contract and merchandising contract.
THE REGISTRATION PROCESS
When to Line Up for Registration: The registration will begin TWO days prior to the audition day in each city.
Locations, Dates and Time: It is anticipated that registration will start no later than 8:00 a.m. on the first
registration day in each city and will continue until the early morning of the actual audition day.
What to Bring to Registration: two forms of ID to registration day that show proof of your age and a photograph (for example, a birth certificate and driver’s license or a birth certificate and a passport or a birth certificate and a school ID card).
Wristband Rules: It is currently anticipated that wristbands, or some other form of identification, will be handed out to those people chosen by the producer to continue in the audition process.
For more information, check American Idol official website.
“American Idol” is created and executive-produced by Simon Fuller, founder of 19 Entertainment; and executive-produced by Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO, FremantleMedia North America; and Ken Warwick, executive producer, FremantleMedia North America.