Okay, let’s be completely honest for a second. You have probably heard people refer to something as a wardrobe staple a billion times. You might even wonder how on earth it can be considered a staple when you’ve literally never owned anything resembling it. However, I think we can all agree that ankle boots really are a staple piece in your wardrobe. They aren’t just for winter. In fact, they’re not even just okay for spring. Ankle boots are a perfect choice all year round. While they may a staple, it might be time to start looking at them for what they are. A key piece of your outfit. In fact, if you choose the right pair – those ankle boots might just become the entire hero of your look. So, let’s take a look at the 12 best ankle boots ahead of summer.
1. Biker Boots – they will never go out of style. They go amazingly with jeans, but don’t miss out on pairing them with a simple floral dress. The best part is, you can wear them for years to come. Why? The style only changes slightly each season, and biker boots are always in.
2. Flat Ankle Boots – think Doc Martens. While most people think of Docs as something that would only be worn with jeans, that just isn’t the case. As many celebrities (see Alexa Chung) have shown us over the years, flat ankle boots are amazing with shorts, dresses of all lengths, and jeans, too. Don’t limit yourself just because some fashion journalist once said you should.
3. White Ankle Boots – it isn’t just about white trainers, white boots are in, too. It’s a great way to update your everyday style. Since they mark so easily you’ll want to invest in a high-quality pair that is easy to wipe down.
4. Block Heel Ankle Boots – not everyone loves high heels, which is where block heel boots come into play. They’re comfortable, stylish, and they give you a nice boost in height, too.
5. Sock Ankle Boots – they go with just about everything, but these are not for pairing with skinny jeans. They just don’t work as well, so, rock them with midi dresses, culottes and shorts.
6. Nude Ankle Boots – um, nude is in, right? So, why wouldn’t you want your very own pair of nude ankle boots?
7. Print Ankle Boots – you don’t have to limit yourself to solid colours, not when you’re choosing your summer pair of ankle boots. There are so many incredible patterned ankle boots on the market that you would be silly not to throw yourself into the deep-end with them. It isn’t just leopard print either – think florals, chinoiserie, and brocade. This summer – it’s all about going big or, no, there is no going home. Just, go big!
8. Red Ankle Boots – okay, as important and stylish as white and nude boots are this summer, red ankle boots are forever. There is no better way to add a serious splash of colour to your summer look than with red ankle boots.
9. Cowboy Ankle Boots – have you always wanted to capture a bit of a western cowboy look? Who hasn’t? Now you can and in a stylish way. Cowboy ankle boots aren’t just slick and stylish, they look simply sexy when you pair them with skinny jeans and a two-tone top. Never underestimate the power of a yeehaw. Bonus points if you rock them in a dress.
10. The Cuban Heel
Nothing beats the classic Chelsea style ankle boot with a sexy Cuban heel. This is the ultimate in fashion and they go with pretty much everything. They’re perfect for date night or just a night out with friends. Of course, you may want to wear them for a spot of dancing as well.
11. Rose Gold
Rose gold is the super in colour. We’re seeing it in a big way across the board, it’s in makeup, jewellery, clothing, and yes, now it’s in your boots. Why not find the ultimate rose gold ankle boots to finish your outfit? Your summer cannot be complete until you infuse it with a touch of rose gold.
12. Woven Ankle Boots
Choosing woven leather ankle boots is a great move for summer. It’s warm, so you don’t always want to be hemmed in by wearing a full shoe. Neither, though, do you always want to wear thongs or sandals. Enter the woven ankle boot, to provide your feet with a bit of breathing room. Of course, you may end up with a dodgy tan line on your feet, but hey… fashion sometimes requires a bit of sacrifice, doesn’t it? After all, who said looking good was easy?
Shopping is fun, but it’s even more fun when you know you’re going to be able to bag an amazing discount at the end of the transaction. So, before you start shopping, make sure you check out the incredible Styletread Offers at OZCodes. Why spend more than you have to? Now, go have fun trying to find the ultimate ankle boots for this summer.