Apple has officially announced the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus on Tuesday. The unveiling held for the first time at the Steve Jobs Theater at its Cupertino, Calif., campus.
iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Specs:
- 4.7-inch display for iPhone 8; 5.5-inch display for iPhone 8 Plus
- Glass surface on front and back
- Wireless charging using Qi standard (can be charged using third party wireless chargers that also use Qi)
- LTE Advance for faster network connections
- Water and dust resistant
- Powered by an A11 Bionic chip, two performance cores
- 12 mega-pixel camera with two new sensors and optical image stabilizers
- “Portrait Lighting” feature uses the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus’ dual cameras to sense depth and rework the lighting while you compose the shot
- Highest quality video ever in a smartphone
- Shoots video in 4K
- New gyroscopes and accelerometers for augmented reality
- Both models available in 64 GB and 256 GB
The iPhone 8 will have 64GB and 256GB and a starting price of $699.
The iPhone 8 Plus will have 64GB and 256GB and will start at $799.
Pre-orders start on September 15th. The iPhone 8 will be released on September 22nd in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the UK, the US and US Virgin Islands.
iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus will be available in Andorra, Bahrain, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Greenland, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, India, Isle of Man, Israel, Jersey, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Monaco, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia and Slovenia beginning Friday, September 29.
Aside from iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, Apple today announced iPhone X, the future of the smartphone