This October, UNICEF is challenging trick-or-treaters of all ages to help other children in need – just like superheroes.
Kids, and kids at heart around the country can help UNICEF make a difference by joining the join TRICK-or-TREAT for UNICEF Superheroes.
Through TRICK-or-TREAT for UNICEF Superheroes, kids will help other children in need by collecting donations instead of doing about the traditional “trick or treat” asking for candies and treats in their neighborhoods on Halloween.
How to Join:
- Children can be superheroes through Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF! Register for your free TOT4UNICEF kits at the UNICEF booth in SM Megamall (from now until Oct. 27 only) at Bldg. A near Toy Kingdom!
- Fill out the forms and register your child and get the free Trick or Treat for UNICEF Kits. Only parents and legal guardians can register their children for the free kit. One kit per child only!
- UNICEF staff and volunteers will brief children and their parents on how to Trick or Treat for UNICEF and how to turn in their donations.
- Once they have their kits, children may do their “Trick or Treating” anywhere, anytime they want except in SM Malls.
- Everyone is encouraged to count their donations and provide the total amount before they turn it in. Please bring all the filled-up forms and the actual box during the turn-over period. Donations and filled-up forms can be turned in at the UNICEF Trick or Treat booths in Mega Atrium, SM Megamall and The Podium lobby from November 2 to 4.
- Donations may be in cash, check, or credit card. If by check, please make it payable to UNICEF
- Donations can also be turned in through any SM Bill Payment Counter at SM Department Stores, through bank deposits at Metrobank UNICEF C/A 066-706631209-3 or any Bayad Center Outlets.
- For donations turned in via SM Bill Payment counters, bank deposits and Bayad Center payments, fax the filled-up donation form together with the payment and/or deposit receipt to 9010195 or 729-4529 or send a scanned copy of the payment receipt and donation form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donations of P1,000 or more within Metro Manila are eligible for pick-up. Please coordinate with us at 758-1000 or 758-1442 to make arrangements.
- All kids who turn in their donations will receive a certificate of recognition and a special gift from UNICEF via postage mail by November.
It was like a chldren’s party with fun games, face painting and superhero cosplay.
During launch, UNICEF provided registered children with orange Trick-or-Treat collection boxes, IDs and T-shirts so that they can be identified as bona fide donation collectors for UNICEF.
The grand launch hosted by Janeena Chan and Gerard Sison was made possible through the support of The Philippine Star, SM Megamall, SM Cares, UP Cradle Volunteers, P&G, Krispy Kreme, Magnavision, Multiply.com, Mango Comics and PSICOM Publishing.
Schools participating in Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF campaign this year are Australian International School, Britesparks International School, Galileo Enrichment and Learning Center, Integrow Activity Learning Center, La Salle Green Hills, Multiple Intelligence International School and Reedley International School.