I kept my promise to update you about my journey in Healthy Lifestyle and Weight Loss Challenge. On my previous post, I shared with you the food the changes in the food that I eat and the progress in my weight. Today, I’ll share with you some tips on what else can be done to lose weight and live healthier.
WHAT HAPPENED FOR THE PAST WEEK?
The last few days have been stressful because of the heavy monsoon rains and the flooding all around Metro Manila. Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) confirmed that it was Monsoon rains (a.k.a. Habagat) that caused the flooding.
And since we were affected by this, my diet was destroyed. We were stranded in our house for how many days, and so I have no choice but to eat whatever my mom placed in our dining table. Also, because of the extreme flooding all around, we need extra energy, which pushed me to eat more food.
Because of what happened, I believe I have to go back to my goal, and that is to lose weight and live healthier. For me to do that, I checked C-lium site for tips on how to lose weight. Here’s what I learned from it.
TIPS ON HOW TO ADD FIBER TO YOUR DIET:
- Jumpstart your day with a good breakfast. You can just have a light breakfast of a slice of bread instead of a meal with rice. Bread is a good source of fiber.
- Eat some fruits as you go along the way. They are an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals, and are also full of water and fiber, which contribute to a “full” feeling and help you lose weight. And as a general rule of thumb, the darker or more colorful a fruit or vegetable is, the higher it will be in vitamins, minerals and antioxidant
- Try to eat raw vegetables (but remember to make sure they are clean). Whole, fresh vegetables contain high amounts of fiber and water, which leaves you feeling full and less likely to overindulge.
- Have healthy snacks with salads and other greens! While vegetables are healthy and low in calories, it’s the salad dressing and other toppings (chess, nuts, fruits) we add that boost calories to insane levels. So try to avoid them.
- Start eating brown rice instead of white. Brown rice provides four times as much fiber, additional protein, and has a lower Glycemic Index. Brown rice could also help protect the heart from cardiovascular disease, thanks to a compound found in the outer layers of the grain.
- Don’t forget to take a sachet or tablespoon of C-lium to help meet your daily fiber requirement. A sachet or tablespoon of C-lium has 14x more fiber than oatmeal or cereal to help lower bad cholesterol and blood sugar levels and reduce excess weight.Just one tablespoon or sachet of C-Lium everyday is enough to provide fiber goodness required by our body.
Of course, aside from these, I should include exercise in my daily routine. Exercise is obviously important and an essential part of being healthy. Definitely, I don’t want to lose weight just to find myself all loose and flabby. Doing exercise helps me get the lean and toned look that everyone wants, not to mention that exercise is probably the single most important thing we can do to reduce junk food cravings, feel good and increase our energy levels.
I learned that it is good to do some strength training, either in the gym or with bodyweight exercises. Also, cardiovascular exercise such as walking or jogging. But then, we have to consult our doctors first before engaging into any exercise program.
WHAT I SHOULD DO
After the flooding and the effects of it in my diet, I should go back to my plan and start committing to living a healthier life and follow those tips above, but of course this requires a bit of planning and discipline on my part. Besides, the trade-offs are worth it.
Watch out for my next update in my journey to health.
Likewise, you can also join the C-Lium Lose More Live More Promo and be one of the lucky participants to win Php10,000 each.
Powered by Facebook Comments
If you enjoy reading my blog and want to be updated of the latest topic I post, please don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.