It’s another long weekend! Yey! But instead of going on a vacation, my husband and I decided to stay home and do some cleaning.
We consider cleaning as a way to bond with each other while improving our surroundings. It’s a great work out too!
Anyway, we divided the workload to make our cleaning easy and light. I was assigned to organize the clothes, bed sheets, pillow covers, and others. While my husband was assigned for the man’s job like plumbing, electrical maintainance and more.
After hours of sweeping the floor and wiping the dust off our furnitures, we realized that we forgot to clean our carpet. Ooops! I think carpet is one of the hardest things in a home to keep clean. Good thing I remember the carpet cleaning tips I saw in the green carpet cleaning nyc website.
These home carpet cleaning tips should help you as you seek to maintain a healthy and clean home:
- Vacuum on a regular basis to prevent everyday dirt from setting into your carpet.
- Consider using area rugs in high traffic areas. That will protect your carpet from unnecessary staining and wear.
- If you have dogs who spend a lot of time outside, keep doggie towels near the doors you let them in and out by. Use them to wipe their paws to prevent tacked in dirt and stains.
- Use Carpet Cleaning Solutions between cleanings to treat any spills or spots you encounter.
- Apply protectant to your carpet to help prevent stains from forming.
- If you do spill, blot, blot, blot! Get up as much of the liquid in the carpet as possible to prevent it from sinking into the carpet pad.
- Don’t pour water on to stains in order to “lighten them.” Although this can loosen the stain, it will subsequently sink deeper into the carpet and the pad, making it worse in the long run.
But if you cannot handle the stains in your carpet, I suggest to call specialist cleaning services and they will do the rest. Vacuuming is great for day-to-day carpet maintenance. But to keep it at peak performance, it should be professionally deep clean your carpet every 12 to 18 months.
Anyway, the day is about to end and yet we’re still not finish cleaning our small unit. I guess I need to log off first and help my husband cleaning our carpet!
Will blog later! Enjoy the long weekend!