Listening to music is one of the things I truly enjoy. With the gadgets available today, I can take my music with me anywhere I am. My latest music gadget, the AIAIAI Pipe Earphones, is now my constant companion. Although the brand is relatively unknown here on our country, these earphones provide a more affordable option for those who just do not have the cash for the bigger ticket branded earphones. Here’s my verdict on the AIAIAI pipe earphones:
Look and Feel: These earphones are simple and non-descript right down to the packaging with nothing more than a couple of spares out-of-the-box. Its ergonomic in-ear housing has a pleasant tactile finish. The two ear buds are connected with a tangle-free Y feature with the ample cord-length that ends in a 3.5mm angled gold plated stereo plug. There is also an in-line microphone that comes with a 3-button control for call, music, and volume. I love that these earphones are lightweight and uncomplicated.
Performance: The 9mm in-ear driver in the AIAIAI pipe earphones delivers sound quality that is natural and detailed. Although the bass can sometimes be more pronounced, listening to different types of music has proven to be an overall pleasant experience with balanced mids and highs. I would say that the sound quality I get from these earphones is definitely more than decent.
Portability: These earphones are extremely portable and adaptable to most smartphones. The lightweight cord and the tangle-free connector make it convenient to bring these earphones around so you can listen to music anytime you want. It would have been great if a travelling case came in the package as well. Also, I could not seem to make it work with my Blackberry and have to use a separate cord connector just to be able to use it.
Overall, the AIAIAI pipe earphones give you great value for money. It can be yours for only P2,450. It’s performance in terms of sound quality more than makes up for what it lacks in other aspects.
- Ergonomic, light weight in-ear housing with a tactile finish
- Angled 3.5mm gold plated stereo plug
- 3 Button in-line Microphone with call/music/volume control
- Integrated tangle-free Y Connector
- Soft, light-weight, color graded 2mm cables
- 3 sets of silicone ear buds for a custom fit
- 9mm in-ear driver delivers natural, detailed, full-spectrum sound quality
- Plug: Angled Stereo Plug 3.5 mm
- Speaker Impedance: 16 Ohm
- Speaker Sensitivity: 105 +/- 3dB
- Maximum Power Input: 20 mW
- Frequency Response: 20-20KHz
- Microphone Sensitivity: -42 +/- 3dB
- Microphone Directivity: Omni-directional
The AIAIAI Pipe is available at Astrovision, Digital Walker, PC Hub, Beyond the Box, Egghead, Technoholics, Digital Hub and Futureworld stores.
Powered by Facebook Comments
If you enjoy reading my blog and want to be updated of the latest topic I post, please don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.