Last November 25, 2011, I was at the Technological University of the Philippines (TUP), Manila for The HUNT FOR THE GATSBY STYLE ICON. While this is a traditional school, you can also get a degree from accredited online colleges. (just saying).
Photo Source: http://nhcphistoricsites.blogspot.com
Anyway, I was there, late afternoon, to witness how the male students of TUP excitedly and “gamely” volunteered themselves for the said “hunt”. The ‘GATSBY Style Hub‘ bus was flock by the interested Gatsby Style Icon “wannabes”.
Gatsby Style Hub bus
For those who are not yet aware of the “Hunt for The Gatsby Style Icon”, this contest runs from October 17 until December 7, 2011 and all males from 15 to 25 years of age are qualified to join. During these hunt dates, the Gatsby Style Hub bus, together with the Gatsby booth will be visiting various schools and universities in search for the new Gatsby Style Icon. A free trip for 2 to Tokyo Disneyland awaits the lucky winner!
According to Sir Paolo, Gatsby Representative, among the 6 variants of Gatsby, the black one, dubbed as “Mat and Hard”, is the most in demand. Other color variants available are:
Green: the Loose and Flow
Red: the Jaggedly Trendy
Orange: the “Tough and Shine
Blue: the Hard and Free
Purple: the Ultimate and Shaggy
Each color variant has its own unique characteristic/s that will definitely suit your hairstyling needs, so as with the aspiring Gatsby Style Icon from TUP, that all they need to do is just to feel free to experiment on which variant match their desired hairstyle.
As for the students of TUP, after each of the student participant have been satisfied with their hairstyle, Gatsby style, that is, he had to enter the Photo booth and have his photo taken.
The taken photos will then be posted at www.gatsbyswagg.com until December 14, 2011. Then, the Mandom Philippines Corporation will carefully scrutinize each photo to determine the Top 6 Style Icons, where the Gatsby Style Icon will be chosen based on the set criteria.
For more information on how the Gatsby Style Icon will be selected, please refer to the contest mechanics and criteria posted below:
MECHANICS FOR THE TOP 6 STYLE ICONS
1. Gatsby representatives will draw the top 6 Style icons on December 16, 2011 at Mandom Philippines Corporation office, 10am.
a. Criteria for Selection:
a. 40% Styling
b. 40% Photography
c. 20% Public Vote (the number of public vote participant garners
2. The Top 6 will be notified via:
a. Registered Mail
c. Voice call
d. Website announcement
3. Top 6 Style icons will undergo a series of workshops/trainings to help them develop their personality, appeal and style on December 19, 2011, Fraser Place, Makati, 8 am.
a. Challenge # 1 Styling
b. Challenge # 2 Photography
c. Challenge # 3 Public Speaking
4. Should any participant fail to attend the training session, they will be disqualified to continue the search.
5. The Top 6 Style Icons’ profiles will be uploaded in the Gatsby Top 6 tab for public voting on December 16, 2011.
How to Vote:
- Log on to www.gatsbyswagg.com and click on Gatsby Top 6 Album
- Click on a thumbnail to view an entry
- To vote for an entry, click on the vote button at the bottom of the photo
6. Voting will start December 16, 2011 and will end at December 20, 2011.
MECHANICS FOR THE GATSBY STYLE ICON:
- Determination of the Gatsby Style Icon will be done at Mandom Philippines Corporation office with a DTI representative to witness the proceeding on December 21, 2011.
- The Top 6 will be judged based on the following criteria:
a. 30% Challenge # 1 Styling
** The participant must know how to style his hair specific to occasions (for casual, special functions and casting events)
b. 30% Challenge # 2 Photography
** The participants must be photogenic, know how to pose and angle themselves so they look good in the photo, long lean and also sell the product (when people see the photo, they will want to buy the Gatsby Hair Wax)
c. 30% Challenge # 3 Public Speaking
** The participant must know how to act and talk like a professional style icon. They have to have an alluring and personable personality so casting agents will want to book them
d. 10% Public Vote
** The number of public vote participant garners
- The person to garner the highest score will be the Gatsby Style Icon
- In case of a tie, the same judges will rate the contestants using the set criteria while voting percentages will remain the same.
THE GATSBY STYLE ICON WILL RECEIVE THE FF. PRIZES:
- Gatsby Products worth Php5,000
- A special feature in Chalk Magazine
- Trip for 2 to Tokyo Disneyland for 3 days and 2 nights (including hotel accommodation and 1 day passport for 2) and P 50,000.00 pocket money. All travel documents and other travel related expenses will be shouldered by the winner. Trip shall be availed within 6 months from the date of claiming.
Now, are you ready to be the next Gatsby Style Icon?
Thanks to Sir Paolo and the rest of Gatsby team for accommodating me!