Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete wins Miss Universe 2010. Jimena Navarrete Rosete (born February 22, 1988) is a Mexican model. She was crowned Nuestra Belleza Jalisco in Guadalajara, Jalisco, on July 16, 2009, and Nuestra Belleza México on September 20, 2009, in Mérida, Yucatán.
The First runner-up was Yendi Phillipps, 24, of Jamaica; second runner-up Miss Australia Jesinta Campbell, 19, and third runner-up was Anna Poslavska, 23, of Ukraine. While Miss Philippines Venus Raj landed on the fourth place.
Miss Philippines Venus Raj Top 5 Question And Answer!
- Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete: What effect is unsupervised Internet use having on today’s youth? Through an interpreter, she says the Internet is an “indispensable, necessary tool” and we have to make sure kids are using it according to family values.
- Miss Australia Jesinta Campbell: What role should the government play in regulating potentially offensive clothing? “One of the greatest things we have is the freedom of choice…I don’t think the government should have any say in what we wear.”
- Miss Jamaica Yendi Phillipps: Is the death penalty acceptable and why? “I believe that life is a gift…I believe that none of us as humans have the right to take a life.”
- Miss Ukraine Anna Poslavska: How do you feel about full-body scanners in airports? Through an interpreter, she says, “I think it’s a very important question of security…if that helps us to save the lives of people, then I’m for it.”
- Miss Philippines Venus Raj: What is one big mistake you’ve made and what did you do to make it right? She says “In my 22 years of existence, there is no major, major problem that I have done in my life because I am very confident with my family and the love they give to me.”
Venus Raj, we’re still proud of you. Congrats! Cheers!