Because of my polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) case, living acnefree is a dream for me. Unfortunately, one symptom of PCOS that can be frustrating and embarrassing is the acne. So if you have PCOS, then you likely know that pimples aren’t just for teens.
So I did some research on how to cure acne caused by PCOS. If you have PCOS or insulin resistance, here are some acne treatment options to consider.
Two of the most common ways acne is treated in women with PCOS symptoms is through the use of spironolactone (sold under the name of Aldactone) and birth control pills. The birth control pill also helps to lower your levels of testosterone thereby improving the appearance of acne. I suggest you talk to your doctor about the type of Pill that would be suitable for you as I have learned that 1 specific treatment or Pill might work for one person but that does not mean it will work for you.
Also, I found some PCOS Acne Cure Tips like:
* Beware too much Vitamin A – Vitamins are good for you in the right amounts. Vitamin A comes from green leafy vegetables but too much of these can actually damage your liver and cause more skin problems. Moderation is always the key.
* Make face washing a better routine
* Avoid Sugar – This helps with your PCOS and weight loss as well.
* Avoid Dairy products – They contain a huge amount of hormones that interfere with your natural state and lead to acne and other PCOS symptoms. It also causes mucus and produces sebum oil which produces acne in turn.
* Zinc – Zinc supplements can be of help as zinc is known to reduce oil production in the body and the skin which can help fight against acne. Other important functions of zinc include wound healing, immune system activity, tissue regeneration, and control of inflammation.