Yesterday, SM Cares Program launched the second Global Pinoy Center in SM Fairview.
OFWs that have made the Filipinos proud, like Arnel Pineda of Journey, Amanda Van Cooll the 1st Pinay Sole Survivor and Rubilen Amit 2009 Women’s World 10 ball Championship Champion, made a special appearance at the launch.
OFWs and families were treated with a mini-concert featuring Arnel Pineda.
ABOUT GLOBAL PINOY CENTER
President of SM Prime Holdings, Annie Garcia said, “The Overseas Filipino, whom we aptly call the GLOBAL PINOY, are people of Filipino origin living outside the Philippines. This refers to both people of Filipino ancestry living and residing as citizens of another country; and those who remain Filipino citizens but are working abroad to support their families back home.”
Hence, SM recognizes the challenges our modern day heroes, the overseas Filipinos workers, go through everyday by offering the Global Pinoy Center.
The Global Pinoy Center is a one-stop shop for services specifically tailored for the Global Pinoy and his family’s needs. By being a member of the program, one will enjoy the following:
1. Info services. A Global Pinoy member can get valuable information such as investment opportunities. The center also accommodates several terminals with direct access to government employment agencies like POEA, OWWA and DOLE, making it easier for them to finish their paperwork and to get important materials from the International Electrotechnical Commission. Also, since the center is situated inside the mall, it permits applicants to procure necessary information without difficulty.
2. Remittances through BDO. The member’s family can claim remittances directly from their loved ones, even on weekends and holidays.
3. Shopping. Enjoy great value and rewards with the Global Pinoy Perks Booklet. Delight in freebies and discounts from thousands of stores across SM Supermalls nationwide.
The Global Pinoy Centers also function as a lounge (a la Prestige with free drinks) for the Global Pinoy Members and their beneficiaries.
4. Communication. The Global Pinoy Center offers telephone calls and video conferencing through Abot Tanaw’s high-end video conferencing and call hubs.
5. Livelihood Sessions. GPC will have livelihood sessions for the Global Pinoy himslef and his dependents do they may be better equipped on how to be entrepreneurs and see their hard-earned money, wisely invested and kept growing.
Each member is given a Global Pinoy card which entitles him and his family P80,000 worth of discounts in education, health services, hotels, restaurants and various shops. For example, a member may avail 20 percent off on tuition fee in Asia Pacific College or 15 percent off in National University.
Any overseas Filipino worker who has an active contract abroad is qualified for membership. They just need to completely fill out the Global Pinoy membership application form and submit it with any valid ID (for Global Pinoys and former Global Pinoy) or any ID and proof of remittance (for beneficiaries) at any Global Pinoy Center. You can get the Global Pinoy card for Php 150.00.
However, if you have SM Advantage card, you can avail the Global Pinoy card for free. Like what my friend Earth did.
She showed her SM Advantage card, and in less than a minute she was given her temporary Global Pinoy Card. Her permanent card will be issued after two weeks and is valid for two (2) years.
Global Pinoy Center in SM Fairview is located at Upper Ground Floor, The New Annex.
Other SM Malls that will open a Global Pinoy Center this year are SM Clark and SM Marilao (on Feb. 4), SM City North Edsa and SM Megamall (on Feb. 10), SM Bacoor and SM Rosario (on Feb. 11) and SM Cebu, SM Iloilo and SM Davao (on Feb. 18).
For more information, you may visit http://www.smglobalpinoy.com/