Watch out for a new and improved Friendster.com on December 4, 2009.
Friendster is designed to be the best site for youth in Asia. We don’t need to be the biggest web site, the site that everyone in the world uses, we want to be the place you come to have fun. Everything we do should make you smile- Friendster should be where you come to be yourself and with your friends.
What can you expect from the new Friendster:
- A Fun and Simple Site – a site that makes it more fun to connect and communicate with friends
- Easier Uploading and Sharing – faster photo uploading, easier ways to find both current and new friends and their stuff
- Enhanced Self Expression and Customization –ways to express yourself and personalize your Friendster profile and site experience
- Entertaining Content – ways to entertain you and your friends- like gifts, games and music
- New Friendster Gift Shop – you can send gifts to friends quickly and conveniently. The new Friendster Gift Shop helps you show your friends that you care – and show off the special gifts you receive in return.
- New Shoutout Stream – Your friends will always be in the know with the new Shoutout Stream, where all your Shoutouts are saved and listed.
- Friendster Wallet – enables you to store money on Friendster in a currency called “Friendster Coins.”
So watch out and be ready for the new Friendster, arriving online on Friday, December 4, 2009.
With more than 110 million members worldwide, Friendster is a leading global online social network. Friendster is focused on helping people stay in touch with friends and discover new people and things that are important to them. Online adults, 18 and up, choose Friendster to connect with friends, family, school, social groups, activities and interests. Friendster prides itself in delivering an easy-to-use, friendly and interactive environment where users can easily connect with anyone around the world via www.friendster.com and m.friendster.com from any Internet-ready mobile device. Friendster has a growing portfolio of patents granted to the company on social networking, with more expected over the next several months.
Headquartered in Mountain View, California, Friendster is backed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures, IDG Ventures, and individual investors. For more information, visit: www.friendster.com